Remember when we told you about Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne's East Coast-only "Record Store tour," during which he was selling a signed, limited-edition, 12-inch, 20th anniversary reissue of the band's deliciously scruffy debut EP, packaged with a life-sized, anatomically correct, "hand-crafted, custom-made chocolate skull"? And the skull also contains a special gold coin that gains the bearer entry to any Flaming Lips show in the world? Of course you do.
Well, he was lying — it's not East Coast-only. He added a few West Coast dates this week, including an appearance tomorrow [Thu/3] at 5pm, at the Mission's own Aquarius Records. Which is a pretty tiny space for a Flaming Lips(-esque) show. And pretty early in the evening to be taking hallucinogens. Oh, the sacrifices we make for rock 'n' roll.
Here's a good one off that 1984 EP to get you warmed up.
Most Commented On
- SF progressives labor under paradoxes - August 1, 2014
- In the future we should build density on transit hubs. - August 1, 2014
- The reason is simply. Unless SF progressives can find a villain - August 1, 2014
- What do you have against white male centrists, - August 1, 2014
- Just because you happen to - August 1, 2014
- If only Airbnb would take out - August 1, 2014
- to the American Jew - August 1, 2014
- What's with this endless - August 1, 2014
- I would have preferred CS thru to the waterfront - August 1, 2014
- marcos, you were the one who introduced racism here by - August 1, 2014